Friday, August 24, 2007

Member News: Kathryn McMahon, IPAP



IPAP Signature Artist Kathryn A. McMahon won an Honorable Mention Award in the Central National Exhibition in Morro Bay, California for a small plein air painting "South of the Cove", an oil completed in January 2007 at La Jolla, California when she was visiting her son.

McMahon was selected into the American Impressionists Society Exhibition at Hilligoss Gallery in Chicago (Michigan Ave. Gallery), May - June 2007.


McMahon writes:
I organized an exhibition and sale for the City of Colorado Springs in August. 45 Colorado artists participated in this Multi-Media Show. Now I have time for things, I think! It went very well had over 400 patrons and 15 sales. Not bad for a 1st Annual Rock Ledge Historic Site and Garden of the Gods Park Exhibition. I was invited to exhibit in the Palmer Land Trust Exhibition and Sale for the City of Colorado Springs. I get a chance to paint large paintings 22x28 and so forth. Coming up to Niagara for the IPAP World Tour Plein Air and hope to see all of you. I will also be visiting my family and friends of over 50+ years. I will try to get them to the event. All they want is to see me. None of them care much for art as it is a hobby to them!



She will also be participating in:
* American Plains Artists show Art of the Plains 2007 - small works at Loch Vale Art Gallery, Estes Park, Colorado in September.

* Plein air event Painting the Parks in Estes Park, Colorado in September.
* St. Augustine, Florida with IPAP and LAI artists in September.


No comments: