Tuesday, July 1, 2008

IPAP Feature Artist July - Alcina Nolley, St. Lucia plein air painter



Alcina Nolley is one of the best known artists in St. Lucia.

She was the first artist I was aware of in 1999 when I first visited the beautiful island she calls home.

When I offered a workshop to islanders in 2000, Alcina and I became friends. I found out she had been from Buffalo, NY.

Alcina sees the quiet beauty in a place that sees a lot of tourists.
I understand this. She is very involved as an advocate for the arts on the island.
Alcina is also an IPAP Regional Ambassador and organizes a paint out every September.

Alcina's artist page is at ALCINA NOLLEY
IPAP's feature artist is also on the Plein Aire group homepage and on the IPAP blog each month.

Let Alcina know you stopped by to see her work.

Congratulations, Alcina !

APPLY for IPAP membership


No comments: