Saturday, August 1, 2009

Plein Air Painter IPAP Feature Artist Laurel Wetzork

Plein Air Painter Lauel Wetzork Artist's Statement

I am drawn to the beauty in nature, where colors and contrasts live.
This beauty is what I wish to share with the viewers and collectors of my artwork.
On location, I work with three different mediums: oils, acrylics, and pastels.
I choose oils for their lush color and dramatic potential, acrylics for their bright almost 'digital' color, and pastels for the impressionist feel and softly vibrant colors.

Life is full of contrast: beauty and ugliness, good and evil, joy and desperate grief.
I choose to celebrate Nature in all her captivating and delightful moods.

Laurel will be teaching a plein air painting workshop March 29 - April 3, 2010 in the Santa Barbara, CA area. Please email her if you are interested.
MORE INFO ABOUT LAUREL HERE

No comments: