Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Plein Air Painters website - North Carolina


I frequently search on the internet for news related to plein air painters.

Artist of Note - March 2008

Brenda Behr - North Carolina Artist

It takes one a long time to become young.-Picasso

It took me a long time to appreciate Picasso.-Behr

Once in awhile, like most other artists, I feel compelled to prove how well I can copy "reality", how real I can make my subject matter look, or I am commissioned by someone else to do this.


In a nutshell, here's what it has taken me my life as an artist to conclude... The older I get, the more I know that children know more than I do what drawing and painting are all about. It's about seeing and showing green the way we saw it the first time. It's about seeing and depicting our mothers, the way we saw her for the first time. It's about first impressions and about expressing those first impressions.


Further than this, it's about showing our first, most impacting impressions using value, form, and color in a way that is aesthetically appealing.

When I can do the aforementioned and do it consistently, I will consider myself a successful artist. Until then, I'm enjoying the journey, and especially enjoying it when someone else finds pleasure in my perspective. I hope that you'll enjoy my views.

Brenda Behr Artist



Inquire about IPAP membership

No comments: